Saturday, February 21, 2009

Snow!

Monday it started snowing far more seriously than it had thus far. Jen and I went to Ruszwurm and had hot chocolate and pastries, and we were met there by Nora and Emma. The four of us walked around Fishermen's Bastion for a little while, then Jen and I went and had dinner at Nora's. We ran into Bethany at the store and Jessica in the metro station so they came along as well. We made stir fry, which was good, and I tried to make boterkoek, which came out oddly, but we still polished off the entire pie plate of it. Apparently all that walking made us hungry.





Tuesday I don't have class until noon. I got up at eight, ate breakfast, and then took a walk around Castle Hill and took pictures until my camera started complaining about it's batteries, but I managed to get some good ones. And Bryan found batteries at Tesco, so it's not a concern anymore.
This is the big bird at the top of castle hill.
The castle
From the square by Mathias church
This is the view down the steps to my street. My apartment building is on the right.
If I turn around from the last picture, this is what I see:
Chain Bridge:

No comments:

Post a Comment